Saturday, October 13, 2012

the other place | hudson valley lifestyle photographer

hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography-1 Eveyln and Sharr are creative geniuses.

I knew this before I discovered that Sharr is a playwright. A playwright whose amazing show The Other Place is going to BROADWAY this December.

I knew this before I heard Evelyn reading James Joyce aloud.

I knew this before I saw them dressed up as Mad Men characters for Halloween.
And here's how I know.

They bought a house in my town. (See? Genius! Joking…) A house that I had looked at and written off as a disaster. It had a concrete backyard and an above ground pool. The kitchen was dark and dreary and full of depressing dark wood. Not that I avoid dark wood as a generality, but trust me, this dark wood was indeed dreary. And this couple had the vision to take this home and create something bright and airy with an eclectic mix of traditional and modern and comfortable and funky.

I walked in and Sharr--who had already baked a berry pie (he writes and bakes pie!)--and his kids were creating knightly costumes out of cardboard. As you'll see from the photos, they took this activity very seriously. :) And Evelyn was creating one of her signature cocktails with herbs fresh from her backyard. Cause that's how she rolls. I want to live in this house. But getting to photograph this super-cool family in said house was almost as cool.

PS, the adorable girls in these photos are Evelyn's nieces visiting from Italy. Cause if you're a creative genius, you must have ties to Europe, of course.
Hudson_Valley_Lifestyle_Photography-2 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography_4 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography_5 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography_6 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography-3 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography-11 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography-8 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography-7 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography_9 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography-10 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography-13 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography-12 hudson_valley_lifestyle_photography-14

1 comment: