Thursday, August 11, 2011

strawberry shortcake cream on top

Strawberry_Shortcake

So what would you do the day after your five-year-old is diagnosed with a broken collarbone? Throw a birthday party for your three-year-old, right? Makes total sense. Okay, I admit it. I'm a second child and I definitely have second-childitis (my mother called me two weeks ago to tell me she discovered my first word written down in my sister's baby book...but I'm not bitter). I might be overcompensating, but there was no way I was going to deny my kid a party. So I woke up--on 3 hours of sleep--and baked scones and cupcakes, dropped heart-shaped strawberries into lemonade and thanked my lucky stars that I have such a good friend in Andrea that she would bring over some pretty red and white striped straws, cupcake toppers, and her face painting skills.

Strawberry_Lemonade
Amelia_and_flowers
amelia-face-closeup
Sad_Bunnies
tigers
Potato_Sack_Race
Potato_Sack_Winner
(the winner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment